“In order for this to happen, your entire frame of reference will have to change, and you will be forced to surrender many things that you now scarcely know you have.”
― James Baldwin,
Frame of Reference
A frame of reference can be used with any visual tool. It is a meta-cognitive frame asking participants to think about their thinking. They will be asked to step back from the map they created to think about what influenced their thinking.
The following questions could be asked to know the frame.
- How do you know what you know about the topic?
- Did your information come from a specific source?
- Is this information being influenced by a specific point of view?
- Who could use this information?
- Why is this information important?